Any special requirements for coring fluids shall be included in the Drilling Programme. The general requirements are described below:
- The mud gradient shall exert an overbalance over the formation pressure of no less than 200 psi.
- The static fluid loss shall be less than 8 cc.
- The viscosity and yield point shall be as low as possible to reduce core erosion.
- The solids content shall be as low as possible to prevent core contamination.
- The mud filtrate salinity and composition shall be as close as possible . . .
Subscribe to view the Content