Fishing Planning and Preparation
When equipment has been lost or is stuck in the hole, the following points shall be considered in deciding the optimum course of action:
- The type of equipment in the hole to be fished (drillpipe, collars, junk bit cones etc).
- The condition of the hole/mud. Will formation instability cause the hole to deteriorate ?
- Is the fish stuck ? If yes, what is causing it to stick ?
- Is it possible to get free ?
- The size and condition of fish.
- Can tools be run . . .
Subscribe to view the Content