Jacket Supported “Offshore’’ Rig
Jacket Supported Offshore Rig is one of the rig design concepts for shallow water environments.
- Steel Jacket can be tailored to water depth.
- Rig design is independent of water depth.
- Environment impact is low.
- Jacket could be designed to withstand ice loads.
- Installation and removal may be difficult as barge and crane are required to install and pile jacket.
- Rig can be skidded, so multiple wells can be drilled from single jacket for appraisal or development
- Jacket costs expected . . .
Subscribe to view the Content