Minimising Casing Wear
General guidelines to minimise casing wear include:
- limiting build up rates
- deepening kick-off points
- optimising drillstring design to reduce contact loads or employing suitable hardbanding
- minimising rotating hours
- modifying operating practices to reduce well tortuosity and rotating hours
- using drillpipe protectors or torque reducing subs in critical zones.
Drill Pipe Protectors and Torque Reducing Subs
It is recognised that in some cases, due to conflicting well design issues, it is not technically feasible or economic to eliminate . . .