Problems encountered in drilling extended reach and horizontal wells
The following table lists those problems commonly encountered in drilling extended reach (ERD) and horizontal wells and recommendd precautions.
Inefficient Hole Cleaning & Reduced Borehole Stability
- Maintain high annular velocity, use turbulent flow pattern wherever possible
- Use low rheology fluid (horizontal sections)
- Use extended rheology muds for high angle 12.1/4in and larger hole sections
- Pump in/out of the hole - rotate where possible
- Perform frequent wiper trips (every 500ft or as hole conditions dictate)
- Monitor . . .
Subscribe to view the Content